Monday, April 30, 2012

The Parker Palm Springs Series I: The Arrival

My parents have been married for 40 years. When that happens, you plan something special. They have travelled the world from India to Scotland to Bali. One place they had never been was Palm Springs. We thought this would be fitting because my mum is totally into mid-century modern which is quintessential Palm Springs, therefore quintessential mum. Since we had a destination, it seemed the only place that would suit us (and be special enough) was The Parker. 


I knew that this place was meant for us when we pulled up and the valets were wearing pink pants (very Pagoda from The Royal Tenenbaums.) The hotel decor leaves you feeling that you entered a time era uniquely it's own. Somewhat indiscernible, very chic. They have pitchers of lemonade in the lobby to sip on as you check-in, full suits of armour guarding the lobby restrooms and palm tree chandeliers announcing you've arrived...somewhere. 


Since we all arrived at different times, knowing lunch started at 1:30pm, we all met in the Lounge to commence the event with a Pimm's Cup.


At lunch everyone received a bag with a swim cap for the ladies and an itinerary for the events to follow for the two nights/three days. This was the start to a very exciting, relaxing, bonding, hilarious event.


The following blog posts will be on our time spent there. Let the games begin! But first, let me introduce you to the characters:


My Dad: Professor Birk Westminster
My Mum: Lady Genevieve Kensington
My Husband: Ascot Philips VIII
Moi: Bee Charleston 
My Sister: Cecil Hennessy  
My Brother: Bryce Paddington III
My Sister-in-law: Mrs. Edith Essex
My Baby Niece: Little Miss Pearl Sass
My Uncle: Captain Crispin Winston
My Aunt: Abigail Ackley



Cheers,
Charysse

No comments:

Post a Comment