Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Parker Palm Spring Series VI: The Dinner

It may seem random, the menu the theme etc, but what you'll find is that it all ties in. For my parents wedding they had brunch at a Chinese restaurant. So we decided on having a pink and orange Chinese theme. Try going to Chinatown with pink and orange as your colours. What seemed to be impossible, ended up being doable.


It began with my parents dancing to Harvest Moon by Neil Young. We got some photos taken and then commenced our evening. As the sun went down and the pool lit up I thought nothing could top this evening... until something did. We got a personal visit from The Parker's pastry chef. He presented the edible art created especially for my parents 40th. Since the 40th is the Ruby anniversary, he decided on red velvet cake. And boy, am I glad he did. 


It was just one of those nights.



Playlist: Frank Sinatra (lots of it), Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Ultra Lounge Cha-Cha album, Solomon Burke, Sonny and Cher and many more.

What we brought from home: Pink table runner, paper lanterns, yellow tassels, fortune cookies, mini umbrella's, parasols and graphics (including name cards and menus).

What we borrowed from the Parker: Flower centrepiece, candles, linens and furniture. 



A huge thank you to the staff at the Parker for making this what it was. It's because of you that I will be returning.


(Side Note: The pink dress I wore, was my grandma's from the late 1960's.)



Cheers,
Charysse

2 comments:

  1. What a great looking dinner party! My husband and I were looking into Palm Spring vacation homes to throw our annual summer party at! I love your theme you used! I may have to take some ideas from your party, it just looked like a great time.

    ReplyDelete