Monday, June 18, 2018

Cocktails and Cake // 5th Wedding Anniversary

This originally was a simple idea. Cake and cocktails to follow a surprise anniversary dinner out for our friends. It escalated quickly. We had 2 signature cocktails from their wedding. Easy. But then I added over 100 pink balloons (it's not a party without balloons...am I right or am I right?), gold confetti cannons and a disco ball in the bathroom. I special ordered edible flowers from Whole Foods to garnish the naked chocolate bourbon cake and each cocktail. I loved having the edible flowers in each cocktail because you knew which glass was yours because each flower was so different. I also grabbed a photo from the couples Instagram and made a poster for the wall (pictured below). It's said that Marie Antoinette whispered the words, "let them eat cake"... well guess what...I did for the next two days. 



Cheers,
Charysse

No comments:

Post a Comment