Wednesday, October 21, 2015

#TENYEARSOFHIGHKICKS - The Party

Here is what I knew before the party: I knew there was a party for us. I did the invites. How? My parents decided to keep the location a secret until a couple hours before the party. That way it really would be a surprise for us, but also add anticipation for the event. Sure enough everyone (except us) got a text naming the location which was the second floor at the Georgia Hotel in the Tutor Room. I can say this as a statement: It was the best night of my life. The stress of a wedding and even the people who attend your wedding you might not ever see again as a married couple. But after ten years together, the people there have impacted both of our lives. I call it a love bubble.

Here are some of the details I loved about our party: My favourite movie Top Hat playing on a projector on the wall. The confetti. The take home favour gifts for the guests were chocolate chip mint macaron's made by my friend Serena. The confetti. The fact that you could order a mint julep and in fact get it in a julep cup. The confetti. Oh and did I mention confetti? It was mandatory to dance to the first song which was to Ain't no Mountain High Enough by Tammi Terrell and Marvin Gaye. The confetti went off at the perfect moment and that moment will forever be with me. EVERYTHING that night was courtesy of my parents and I can't say thank you enough! 

Why #TENYEARSOFHIGHKICKS? On our wedding invitation we have a photo of Dustin high kicking and thought it would express how we felt about our ten years together.

The Cake: Le Gateau Bakeshop
Photography: Three Knuckle Photography



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cheers,
Charysse

No comments:

Post a Comment